We are looking for a driven Scientist Cell Culture, who will set up new services by making use of human 3D in vitro small intestinal tissue models to evaluate drug absorption and presystemic metabolism. You will be directly involved developing the technology in-house and expand our service portfolio and you will be responsible for operating and training staff on the developed tool. You will be part of the operation team and report to the COO.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work for the market leader in dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal models.
Your key responsibilities
- Set up in vitro small intestinal tissue models
- Use in vitro small intestinal tissue models to investigate drug absorption and metabolism
- Writing of activities in work instructions, procedures and manuals
- Act as an expert in the field of intestinal physiology and cell culturing
- Provide training to laboratory staff and project managers
- Be part of a growing and enthusiastic team and help building our young and dynamic company and strengthening our product leadership position
The function requirements are
- Master’s degree or PhD in biochemistry, biopharmaceutical sciences, biology or other life sciences
- Extensive knowledge and expertise with cell culturing and preferably with gut cells and transwells
- Knowledge and expertise with drug development (ADME) and/or analytical chemistry is a pre
- Creative as well as hands-on mentality
- Enthusiastic team player
- Proficient in English speaking and writing
- Proactive and strong communication skills
The TIM Company offers
- A unique and highly responsible position within The TIM Company
- An open, positive and modern working environment
- A competitive salary
- Annual contract, with the option of permanent contract
- The TIM Company offers free (joint) lunches and flexible secondary working conditions
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Do you meet these function requirements and are you the new colleague we are looking for?
We look forward to receiving your motivation letter with CV to HRM@theTIMcompany.com.
For more information, please contact franc.overmars@theTIMcompany.com.